The Mt Seymour Pass Insurance provides the assurance of a Partial Refund (pro-rated) due to medical reasons or employment transfers outside of a 200 kilometer radius of the resort. Without purchasing the Pass Insurance, passes are completely non-refundable and non-transferable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Pass Insurance MUST be purchased at the same time the Season Pass is purchased. Requests will be subject to the Claim Schedule consistent with the date that Mt Seymour receives a Completed Claim. This is not the date that the injury occurred nor the date stated on the required documentation (ie: doctor or employer’s letter) but the date that Mt Seymour receives a Completed Claim as described below.
Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd. will offer a partial refund on the cost of the Season Pass subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Pass Insurance must be purchased concurrently with the Season Pass.
2. The Pass Insurance fee ($29 per pass) is not refundable under any circumstances.
3. Factors including the number of days that the Full Season Pass(es) were used and/or whether or not the pass(es) were issued to the Pass Insurance Holder will not be considered in the claim.
4. The Pass Insurance is not applicable to any pre-existing sickness or injury.
5. A Pass Insurance Holder is transferred by his/her employer making it necessary to move his/her residence outside a 200 kilometer radius from the resort, provided that the date of transfer is at least 45 days after the purchase of the season pass.
6. If a parent, spouse (legal or common-law), or youth/child (18 years of age or under) of a Pass Insurance Holder also chooses to cease participation, he/she is entitled to the same pro-rated refund. The refund is limited to one additional claimant.
7. A $25.00 administration fee will be deducted from all refund requests.
8. Refund requests will not be accepted after the season end.
9. All refunds are subject to Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd.’s discretion and approval.
The Pass Insurance does not cover Non-Participation:
1. Caused by or contributed to by intentional self-injury.
2. Due to emotional disorders or pre-existing conditions unless the Pass Insurance Holder is hospitalized.
3. Due to any injury or sickness that does not prevent participation in skiing or snowboarding for the length of the winter season.
REQUEST A REFUND
A Completed Claim includes the following:
1. A covering letter of explanation
2. A completed Mt Seymour Season Pass Claim Form INTERNAL (completed and submitted by Claims Department Staff)
3. The printed Season Pass (if applicable)
4. A Medical Certificate that provides prognosis and states that the Pass Insurance Holder is unable to ski/snowboard the length of time that the illness or injury will prevent participation. OR in the event of job relocation, include a letter from your employer (on company letterhead) stating the date and length of the relocation.
|If a Completed Claim is received by Mt Seymour||Your Refund Eligibility|
|Within the date of purchase and the official season opening||100%|
|Within 30 days of the official season opening||80%|
|Within 31 and 60 days of the official season opening||60%|
|Within 61 and 90 days of the official season opening||40%|
|Within 91 and 120 days of the official season opening||20%|
Please direct your inquiries or Completed Claims to: